After months of speculation, the new iPhones have officially been announced and good news, you won’t need to wait long to get your hands on them.
After numerous leaks, rumors, and much guesswork, Apple has finally taken the wraps off the latest additions to the iPhone family, the iPhone 5S and 5C. Good news for those who can’t wait to get their hands on them, both handsets will be available from September 20 from all three mobile operators (Singtel, M1 and Starhub) as well as all authorized Apple resellers.
Here’s a quick roundup of what’s new:
- Apple A7 64bit processor with OpenGL ES 3.0 support
- Apple M7 coprocessor dedicated to motion tracking
- Touch ID fingerprint identity sensor for convenient and secure phone access and digital store purchases
- New 8-megapixel iSight camera that boasts a 15% larger sensor, 10fps continuous shooting, image stabilization and a True Tone LED flash
- iOS 7 operating system, completely redesigned with new features such as Control Centre, AirDrop for iOS and smarter multitasking
For the colourful, as Apple touts. The iPhone 5C comes as pretty much a previous generation iPhone 5 in a polycarbonate shell that lacks most of the bells and whistles afforded to its aluminium 5S sibling such as the A7 and M7 processor combo, Touch ID fingerprint sensor and enhanced camera. The 5C, though, will also run on iOS 7 and be offered in a selection of five different colours: white, pink, yellow, blue and green.
Pricing (without operator contract)
iPhone 5S – S$988 (16GB), S$1,148 (32GB), S$1,288 (64GB)
iPhone 5C – S$848 (16GB), S$988 (32GB)
Alongside the 5S and 5C, a new iPhone 4S 8GB model will also be available at S$588.
Do visit your respective mobile operator websites for related pricing and more details.